Thursday, October 31, 2013

Rory Gallagher: one of the Greatest

     So I actually remembered that I have been wanting to post about one of my all time favorite artists. He is one that not many people (or at least the ones that I have spoken to) have heard of. His name is  Rory Gallagher. He is another British artist that is of a similar style of Eric Clapton. He is Rock/blues but is more of the Rock persuasion. This man is my main inspiration for playing electric guitar or just for playing in general. He plays a Fender Strat as I do. I actually found him fairly recently say in the past year. Sadly, he died at the young age of 47 as a result of liver transplant complications. R.I P.  The structure of his music I found very unique because he used simple chord structures so it is very easy to pick up. Yet, he did these solos and improvs that were simply mindblowing. Also, when you watch him perform, you can tell just how much Rory thoroughly enjoyed playing and performing. I would recommend Rory Gallagher to anyone who plays and is trying to learn Rock guitar
This picture rather captures a sense of his talent and his thorough enjoyment of what he did.


This is one of my favorite songs and again captures his essence as an musician


No comments:

Post a Comment