Monday, November 4, 2013

Apology and....Rush!

      I apologize for not posting anything over the weekend. I originally intended to post everyday but I got so busy that I didn't have the time. So, again I am sorry for keeping all of my readers waiting. It was kind of disappointing for me because This next band that I am about to discuss is my number one favorite band and legendary pioneers in the Progressive Rock genre. The name is Rush. They are a Canadian Trio formed in 1968. The band consists of Geddy Lee - Bass/lyricist, Neil Peart - Drums/percussion and Alex Lifeson -  Guitarist/backup vocalist.They have toured worldwide in various countries. Their fan base is up in the hundred thousands and, I dare say may well break into the millions. Through the remainder of the 60's and up through the 70's they had the influence of heavy rock that was mostly heavily guitar based featuring such songs as Working Man, What You're Doing and Fly by Night. one of my favorite albums from this period is 2112 which came out in 1976.
However, when they got to the 80's, they began a heavily synthesized period where they had a lot of great hits such as Tom Sawyer and Big Money. Coming into the mid 90's and 2000s, they leaned back again on more guitar based music and put out some great albums such as Counterparts in 1993 and Snakes and Arrows in 2007. Their latest album, Clockwork Angels which came out in 2012, has received Rock album of the Year award for 2012. I found this album quite good upon purchasing and would recommend it to any Rush Fan. This album has also spawned a book based upon the Concept of the Album and I anticipate to buy very soon in the future. The book is also under the same title as the album. It was collaborated on by Neil Peart(Rush's Drummer.) and Kevin J. Anderson. Kevin is an author of various Star Wars books. He has also has written 50 national bestsellers. This band has also been recently received into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.


This is the full 2112 title song performed live in 1976






No comments:

Post a Comment