Thursday, November 7, 2013

Who's Next..and Who Are You

      Alright, although there are many good bands in the Prog Rock genre, and one might spend forever going into detail discussing each of them, I believe that I will exit this genre with this next band that I am going to discuss. I would like to get through the genres and then  once I do, I shall refrequent each of them in random order with different bands because that way there is more variety and my audience will have already gotten a taste of what each genre consists of. "Aaaaalrighty then" to quote one of my favorite comedians Jim Carrey. This next band goes by the name of The Who. In my opinion this band started out as more of a band looking to go beyond bounds in their music and their trademark of destroying their instruments after their performances. They formed in 1964. Their members were:
Roger Daltrey - Vocalist
Pete Townshend - Guitarist
John Entwistle - Bassist
Keith Moon - Drummer
I would consider Moon to be one of the greatest drummers in the Rock genre. Some of the bands best known albums were Who Are You and Who's Next. One of my favorite singles is Won't Get Fooled Again from Who's Next. The Who also wrote two Rock Operas. The first one was called Tommy. This one was about a child whose life was tragically upset by seeing his true father shot by the man whom his mother was with. He became so intimidated by the threats and pleads of his mother and the man she was with that he deafened himself to the world, forced himself blind to all around him and decided never to speak again. Through his life he is mistreated terribly time and again by all around him untill he finds a pinball machine with which he frequents and is in time known as the pinball wizard because he is able to attain the highest score ever. I would not recommend watching this with children and would advise caution even to adults. I myself did not finish it becuase it was rather disturbing and contained many immoral themes. The second one by the name of Quadrophenia contains also much immorality. It is about a man who has a personality crisis. He develops multiple personalities. I found the music to be quite good but still, the content in some of the songs contains immorality.

Here is the song Won't get fooled Again


No comments:

Post a Comment