Tuesday, December 3, 2013

A bit of alternating Alternative

Happy belated thanksgiving everybody! I hope it went well for all of you out there. I did not have my computer with me all that weekend so I was not able to update so I apologize about that. so looking at the genres I have not touched upon yet, I had decided that my next post would either start Pop or Alternative. I have(as you may have gathered by the title ) decided to touch upon the Alternative genre. The reason for this is simply that I find pop a rather difficult genre because what I usually look for in music is slightly harder to find in that genre because I have found that modern Pop usually reflects todays societal position which, more or less, revolves around, relationships, sex and breakups. This is not to say that I have not found good material. It just takes a bit longer to find. However, I will tell about them when I discuss that genre. So, moving on to the Alternative genre... Some rather good bands that I have started looking at are bands such as Panic at the Disco. Yes, you are probably surprised that I have not been listening to them for a while. Admittedly, I sometimes go rather "hipster" in my pursuit of music because I like to explore. However, Panic at the disco is quite a good band I have found. The one thing I do like about alternative is that, as its name suggests, holds quite an amount of diversity. They have a nice unique sound. One song I really like of theirs is Casual Affair. It is quite alluring in its sound and has pretty good lyrics. Another good band, although they only have one album that I am aware of, is AWOLNATION. Their Album is titled Megalithic Symphony. The songs are mostly about adventure of sorts and some "rebel rousers" to put a term to it I suppose. Another one is Radiohead. I didn't care for this band as much for some reason. I found a lot of their sound that they had in their songs was fairly discordant and I found it rather hard to enjoy it. I am short on time so I will leave you with this and next post I will tell you what I have found in my "Hipster" searches. God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment